2020. január 5., vasárnap

A MELANCOLIC POLYHEDRON

I started five years ago and finished in the last day of the last year this Melancholy Memorial Print. In 2014, when I started, the famous print of Albrecht Dürer was just 500 years old. In the original work of Dürer there is a magic square, whose bottom row contains the entries 15 and 14, which together yield the year of creation. I also came up with such a magic square, in my square the numbers 20 and 14 are in the right place. The sum 212 can be found in the rows, columns, diagonals, each of the quadrants, the center four squares, the corner squares, the four outer numbers clockwise from the corners, etc. Actually, there are 86 different combinations of four numbers. You might ask why 212 results? Add the numbers: 2 + 1 + 2 = 5. I've been working on etching for just five years. Ha-ha ... that's a joke, of course. Anyway I've done a lot of things in the meantime, but five years is okay.
The most important motif of the picture, however, is not a number square, but a large stone. A big polyhedron.It seems irregular, but if we look closely, it shows a lot of interesting regularity. The vertices of the polyhedron projected vertically to the ground yield a hexagram, that known as star of David too.
I've done quite a lot of work on this polyhedron. I used it like a quote in some of my pictures, and I've done several graphic paraphrases as well. I also noticed that there is a skull hidden on the porous surface of the stone. Of course, I also examined the object from anamorphic points of view. Also I wrote several studies about it, though they were written in Hungarian. Now here are some pictures - as a reminder that a melancholic year is coming.




1 megjegyzés:

rodostó írta...

Tudtam, hogy koponya van benne! (and something else too). I hope we'll find The Everlasting Face behind of His light. (Ghospel of Thomas)
László Katona (Rodostó)